Every writer or author needs an editor.
It’s hard to copyedit or proofread your own writing because you know what you mean, and it’s easy to skip over words, phrases, and even sentences. Plus, by the time you’re done, you’re tired of looking at it. And even though you know better, those misspelled words, punctuation problems, and confusing or misleading statements remain unnoticed—except by your readers.
On top of that, you might not know how to fix an awkward sentence or smooth out a confusing, wordy jumble of ideas.
Don’t let typos, misspelled words, or grammar errors tarnish your masterpiece.
Put my skills and love of the written word to work for you.
- US or British English
- Chicago, AP, and Oxford style manuals (I follow standard, professional rules for writing, but I also know how to break the rules as needed.)
- APA and MLA or your “house style”
My experience includes
- BA and MA in English
- 15 years professional editing experience
- University-level teaching and tutoring
- English as second language expertise
- Published fiction author
- Long-time non-fiction freelance writer and blogger
- Member of the Editorial Freelancers Association
I offer expert copyediting for
- Ebooks for business, websites, and blogs
- Fiction (novels, novellas, and short stories)
- Non-fiction such as marketing material and blog posts. I’m particularly experienced with business/marketing, entrepreneurship, self-help/spirituality, health/fitness, food/diet, and technical subjects such as WordPress. Academic papers (theses and dissertations only) in humanities, social sciences, and other fields also welcome.
- If I haven’t listed your subject matter, please ask! I’m well-versed in medical and veterinary topics, for example.
Let my no-nonsense, get-it-done approach make your job easier.
Your voice and your style are always retained while I polish your writing until it shines.
Contact me with the form below.
I’ll respond as soon as possible (usually 24 hours except weekends) with prices, availability, and additional information.
Please enter appropriate information, especially required information in fields marked with an asterisk: service required, the type of work (ebook or novel, for example), and the approximate word count. Don’t forget your name and email address! And be sure to mention details like your deadline or questions you might have. I’ll send you my prices, additional details, and answers to your questions.
Alternatively, get in touch with the simple form at the bottom of this page.
Note: I work with MS Word and Track Changes. For word count on Word, click Tools in the menu bar or look in the status bar at the bottom left. In Mac Pages, word count is in the status bar at bottom left or in Inspector (Document/Info).
Fiction genres: All genres welcome except children’s books. In any genre, I don’t work with themes that support anything illegal, that support hurting children or animals, that support discrimination, hatred, or misogyny and the like, or that feature gratuitous violence, blood, gore, or cruelty.
I respond within 24 hours Monday-Friday. Weekends vary.